Gran-sorb all-purpose loose granular absorbent, from Kadant GranTek is clean, safe, effective, highly absorbent, and environmentally responsible.
Gran-sorb granules absorb oils, solvents, lubricants, coolants, water, and most non-aggressive liquids on contact. Because Gran-sorb is made using waste material form select paper mills, it is safe for the environment and can be used on almost all types of spills and clean ups.
Gran-sorb Absorbent is Clean
- Dust free – safe and clean in use
- Cleans up easily – absorbs on contact
- Leaves no stains
- Non-abrasive, non scouring - helps extend equipment life and floor life
- High BTU value/low ash content makes Gran-sorb easy for disposal and incineration
- Wind resistant – effective for outdoor clean up
Gran-sorb Absorbent is Safe
- Safe for all types of spills
- No hazardous materials exposure
- Fire resistant
Industrial absorbents that contain clays (silicates) or diatomaceous earth (amorphous silica) may represent a health hazard. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) estimates that more than one million American workers are at risk of developing silicosis. (Source: NIOSH Alert; request in preventing silicosis and deaths in construction workers, Cincinnati, OH; U.S. Department of Health and Human Service, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health,DHHS [NIOSH] Publication No. 96-112, p. 2).
Gran-sorb Absorbent is Effective
- Soaks up spills fast
- Retains and holds liquids until clean up is complete – no leaching
- Non-scouring for easy use on floors and work surfaces
- Anti static – good for a wide variety of clean up applications
- Safe for use in food manufacturing facilities
Gran-sorb Absorbent is Highly Absorbent
- Selectively absorbs oil in water
- 1:1 absorbency ratio (weight-to-weight)
- 30 lbs of Gran-sorb absorbent will absorb 30 lbs of oil – approximately 4 gallons
- Absorbs better than clay and other industrial absorbents
Gran-sorb Absorbent is Environmentally Responsible and Organically Listed
- Made from an EPA inert certified material – “paper”
- Contains no dangerous or hazardous materials
- 100% biodegradable – breaks down naturally
- Keeps thousands of tons of waste materals out of landfills annually
- Made from 100% post-consumer waste materials
- Gran-sorb is OMRI Listed and safe for organic uses
Gran-sorb Absorbent is Readily Available
- Packaged in 30 lb sturdy poly bags – 65 bags per pallet
- Easily packaged and palletized for overseas container shipment
- Made in the USA – available through our dedicated Gran-sorb distributor network, local dealers, and our private label product partners worldwide
Gran-sorb absorbent is the loose granular absorbent with a difference. It delivers the performance you want plus the level of safety and environmental protection you need.
If you are looking for a clean, safe, effective, environmentally responsible, and readily available universal granular absorbent – contact us.